What’s the difference between hiring a professional janitorial service company and making use of in-house maintenance people? A lot. There are business owners who may think that they can save money by simply having their own employees provide cleaning services. But this isn’t entirely correct.
In-House vs. Business Service
When a Business-to-Business transaction takes place, the approach of both businesses involved is more structured and stringent. This is in comparison to transactions that happen between businesses and individuals, regardless of whether these individuals are employees of the company concerned.
Having an in-house cleanup crew is good, if the purpose is only for minor cleaning details, such as the bringing out of trash, or doing the occasional dusting, sweeping, and mopping chores. However, for comprehensive or overall cleaning, nothing beats the performance of janitorial service company experts.
Here are five major reasons for hiring a janitorial service company to clean your facility:
1. Employee Moral
While most employees don’t mind pitching in on occasion, it can be deflating to the company moral to use staff to perform cleaning services outside of their normal duties.
2. Cost savings
If you were to employ individuals for maintenance and cleaning services, you would have to factor in their actual cost in terms of wages, overtime, increased workers compensation rates, various allowances, and benefits, including paid holidays, among other things. You also need to factor in training and supervision. An important part of education must include OSHA compliance and MSDS information.
3. Equipment and Materials
Employees that you assign to maintenance and cleaning tasks are not expected to have their own cleaning equipment and materials. Your company is expected to provide those. In contrast, a janitorial service company has its own gear and equipment, ready to swing into action. These are just a few of the regular and specialized equipment and materials that they can use for your company, should you decide to get their services:
- vacuums cleaners – HEPA vacuums for floors, upholstery, carpets, walls, even ceilings; special wet and dry vacuums to address difficult cleanup jobs
- machine scrubbers — for refinishing hard surface floors
- high speed floor buffers – for safe and quick polishing and buffing; these get the job done in no time at all, saving a lot of money on electrical costs
- high pressure washers and jet sprays – for highly soiled areas such as driveways, garages, parking areas that may have grease residues, and mud tracks
- commerical-grade cleaning chemicals – most professional janitorial services now use low-toxicity and/or “green” or environmentally-friendly products whenever possible
4. High Availability
As a business entity, they can operate and make themselves available to clients on a 24/7 basis. Even emergency cleanups pose no problem. Day porter services are also available on a regular or as-needed basis.
5. Commitment to Professionalism
A janitorial service company will provide a contract of services. By having a formal document, you are mutually protected should any untoward incidents happen. Your company is also assured of receiving the highest service standards.
Clearly then, when it is a professional grade and cost-effective clean up that you want for your business, then a janitorial service company is definitely the best option.