Cleanliness is very important when it comes to maintaining daycare and health facilities. For daycare facilities, parents expect that their children are left in a safe and nurturing environment, where they can freely move around. This environment needs to be maintained regularly and cleaned properly. This is why hiring janitorial services is a must. In health facilities, patients expect to get the expert health care that they need, so maintaining the facility’s cleanliness in a professional manner is important as well.
Having professional cleaners will ensure that your building facilities are as clean as possible. However, between cleaning services, you still need to do your part in maintaining the cleanliness of your establishment and this is where antibacterial wipes come in handy. In between scheduled cleaning services, using antibacterial wipes to clean daycare and/or health facilities can significantly reduce the level of disease transfer and the resulting illness.
Where Wipes are Most Needed
Antibacterial wipes can be used to prevent the spread of diseases but you need to know where wipes are most needed. This guide on Infection Prevention and Control in Daycare Settings says that wipes can be used to clean daycare equipment like computers and electronic games, which children commonly use. You can also use antibacterial wipes to disinfect doorknobs, light switches, tables and toys as well as high-traffic areas. In the likely case of spills, the use of anti-bacterial wipes is also recommended.
In the case of health facilities, this article from the professional cleaning industry’s online resource mentions the following areas where antibacterial wipes are most useful:
- Surfaces in the nurses’ working area and the waiting room
- Doorknobs especially leading towards patients’ rooms
- Medical equipment like blood pressure cuffs and other instruments commonly used for patient examination (e.g. stethoscopes, diabetes testing equipment, etc.)
- Telephones and fax machines
Benefits of Using Antibacterial Wipes to Clean Daycare and Health Facilities
Here are some of the most important benefits of using antibacterial wipes, especially to clean daycare facilities:
- You eliminate bacteria easily, and this is important in a daycare facility where the children shouldn’t be exposed to harmful bacteria, as well as in a health facility like a hospital or clinic where bacteria is prone to spreading.
- You reduce cross contamination among various surfaces, not only with medical equipment but also with doorknobs, telephones, and other surfaces that many people touch.
- The wipes are very convenient to use which allows you to easily maintain cleanliness in your establishment.
When it comes to maintaining a clean daycare or health facility, it’s important to be proactive in keeping surfaces clean. Having antibacterial wipes on hand is a great way to do so.